Welcome to the official website of the Saturna Island Ratepayers and Residents Association!
An important discussion on the future of Saturna’s Medical Clinic was held October 7, 2017 We, the Sustainable Health Funding Committee, hope that most Saturna residents and property owners have read and thought about the Fact Sheets on health funding released earlier this summer. (If you haven’t seen the Fact Sheets, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link below.) The discussion at the meeting focused on:
• Possible alternative funding sources for the Medical Clinic/health services and the advantages and disadvantages of each
• A proposed Medical Clinic budget and what it would mean in terms of additional taxes should a tax levy be deemed the most effective funding option
• Procedural information about a possible referendum (which would be required to implement a tax levy)
• Questions and concerns raised since the Fact Sheets were released.
• If you did not attend and participate in this important community discussion please contact us for further information.
SIRRA (originally SIPOA) is an island-based organization that was established in 2006 for the following purposes:
To achieve these goals, each year SIRRA annually conducts a survey of our members to determine which issues to pursue in any given year. We have taken a particular interest in taxes and how much of what we pay out returns to the island in services, and whether the Federal Government is paying fairly for the Gulf Island National Park Reserve. In addition, we have worked hard to address the issue of road conditions on Saturna and related matters. Our members have also expressed a strong interest in issues relating to water quality and water quantity on Saturna as well as in the perennial issue of providing adequate emergency health and clinic services on Saturna